How we help enrich lives
If we are going to help our residents live better, then it is our responsibility to offer them every opportunity to be actively engaged and involved. At Extendicare Hillcrest Place, we provide social and recreational services seven days a week - including holidays. These services are designed to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual needs of our residents. All activities are developed, organized and led by qualified staff and we offer both group and individualized services to meet residents’ unique needs and circumstances. Examples of our recreational services and activities include:
- Our home offers wireless connectivity for complete internet accessibility anywhere in the building.
- Once a week we have live entertainment that can range from singers to musicians and from country to Elvis.
- We have a once weekly exercise class that focuses on flexibility, strength and balance.
- Once a month the Humane Society brings a group of cats and dogs into our home to spend time with our residents.
- Our residents enjoy the daily pub where they can get together and socialize over a maximum of two drinks daily.
- The Gardening club enjoys exercising their green thumbs tending to potted plants.
- Weather permitting; our residents take a morning walk to the park and back.
- Poker Mondays and Bingo Wednesdays are staples enjoyed by many of our residents.
- The Men’s Group meets once a month, often over a breakfast of bacon and eggs, to discuss current events
- At our Monthly Birthday Bash, residents enjoy a cake, candles and a rousing chorus of “Happy Birthday to You”.
- At Christmas, student choirs from local schools entertain residents and at Halloween there is a traditional parade of children in their costumes.
We also offer a wide range of physiotherapy, cognitive, speech and occupational therapies according to the needs of our residents. Currently we offer:
- Occupational Therapist